Skip to main content

Pajamas - Emma Style!


  After I purchased my Cabbage Patch 16" redheaded girl doll, it was pretty simple to figure out what I wanted to make first. I had been selling pajamas (made by me) for the 15" Bitty Baby and 18" Girl Doll on Ebay and Etsy for quite a while and wanted to design this pattern to fit my new doll. 
                                                               
Fits 15" Bitty Baby    


                                                             
Fits 18" Dolls    

These pjs needed to be wide enough to fit the CP's large feet and have arms easy to pull over her chubby little hands. Simplicity and ease of putting on would be my rule in this style. Zippers are super popular so those needed to be included. June was now here so they needed to be lightweight and made out of fun, summertime prints. I decided that cotton knit would be just the thing to use because it is lighter then flannel or fleece and has the stretch I wanted. The drawing and fitting began.


   I always joke that I should be a doctor because of my horrible handwriting.










       5 fabrics were then chosen.                                                                        LOVE THEM!

Zipper Installation


The necks are triple stitched down. Ribbing is sewn on with my sewing maching, serged down, and then topstitched.

Serging

Top stitching

 Here is the inside of the neck side by side with the finished neckline.


Seams are double stitched. They are sewn with the sewing machine and then serged with my serger. 

Finishing touch---seam sealant!


           3 days later.....we have 10 new pjs! Aren't they pretty?
               First, we will take at a look at 'Emma in Apples'. 

                  It features a white background with darling apples and daisy's in a variety of colors.

Check out this awesome, 'Emma in Roses'

It has red and pink roses on a pretty white background.


           Third, you will fall in love with the 'Emma at the Zoo'

                    This has monkey's, lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras and bears all over it.



Fourth, softness is abundant in 'Emma in Stars'.

White background with stars, hearts, peace signs, and flowers.


Last but certainly not least is 'Emma loves Flowers and Hearts.'

Looks like a watercolor print!


These pjs are designed to be carefree, comfortable, and stylish!



I hope you are falling in love with Emma's new pajamas!!! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect gifts for Valentine's Day or Birthday's!

 Let your doll have a Happy Valentine's Day in my selection of outfits. Every year when Christmas has ended, I pull out all my heart fabrics. This is what I came up with so far for 2022. Do you feel that happy connection when you see hearts? I do! Hope you enjoyed seeing my collection! Now you know what I have been up to the past 21 days! adorabledolldesigns on Etsy All things heart. There are 49 items listed at the time of this blog. All things HEART Lynnette adorabledolldesigns

Introducing Hope & Holden

3 Years ago, when I was dreaming about new patterns, I started realizing that I had fallen in love with doll clothes that were hooded.  My flannel Pajamas were one of my top sellers so I decided that I needed to draft a hooded pj pattern for the Bitty Baby Dolls.  My first ones had with ears but they take 50 percent longer to make so my buyers didn't want to pay that much extra for the work that was involved. There are a few of these marked down in my stores because I am not currently making Bitty Baby Clothes. I also have an Owl one for CP on Amazon that has been marked down. Without the ears ***Still cute but not as high of a price point. In March of last year, I said, "Cabbage Patch, why not?" So I drafted patterns for the 16 inch dolls.  Soon, 14 inch and preemie sizes were made. The hoods are larger on the preemie but I can specially make a smaller hood if one was wanted because I made a pattern for that too.  Last month, I realized that I

Fall Favorites

As it is still warm here in Illinois during the day but starts out cool and gets cool again in the evening, I start to pull out my fall clothes. For my dolls, I start pulling out all my brown fabrics and dream up the new styles that I would make out of them. Fall Diapers Polar Fleece diapers- a must for fall! Gentle Gray Dress I thought this fabric was perfect for an a-line dress and headband! Perfect for gray weather anywhere! Acorn Pants set! We went to Cuyahoga National Park this weekend and saw lots of acorns. KHAKI PANTS! You can always count on Khaki pants and shorts to get you started with your fall wardrobe! Pants are everywhere this fall! Soccer Hooded Pajamas These remind me of my son playing soccer and all the chilly games we sat at. Overalls! It is always right to wear what you want. These are made out of cozy polar fleece fabric. Dress & Bonnet This little cutie is perfect for the warmer fall days. You can layer with a t-shirt or blouse underneath. JUMPER SET Two tone